ABOUT
Parish History
In 1948, Bishop O'Hara of the Kansas City Diocese, appointed Father Stephen Wessel, OMI, as Pastor of McDonald County with the intention of establishing a Mission Church in the resort town of Noel. A few months after his appointment Fr. Wessel purchased the old Baptist Church at the corner of Main and Sulphur Streets, with financial assistance from the Extension Society. The Church was named Sacred Heart Church. There was a small farm rectory behind the Church. In 1953, a new church was constructed under the supervision of Fr. Wessel on the site of the present church. The name was changed to Nativity of Our Lord. There were eighteen households in the parish. On August 3rd, 1969 the church was destoryed by the explosion of a railroad car containing ammonium nitrate caught fire on the Kansas City Southern Railroad track. The members of St Nicholas Episcopal Church invited parishioners to share their house of worship until a new church could be constructed. The Dedication of the new Nativity of Our Lord Church was held on Sunday Jan, 30th, 1972. Bishop William Baum officiated. At that time Nativity was a mission of St Canera in Neosho, Mo. On December 7th 1975 changed to mission of St Mary's of Seneca Mo. However on March 8th, 1980,  was Fr. Tom Parrott's last day as Pastor, the following week, Nativity was once again a mission of St Canera, and was served by Fr. Jim Unterreiner as Pastor. Several additions to the church has happened over the years, with additions of classrooms, fellowship hall, new offices, Adoration Chapel (outdoor), and recently a new cry room and musicians area. Father Derek Swanson, CM is currently the Pastor.